Academic Faculty Resources
Visit this page for the latest updates on the AHIMA Foundation's education resources, projects, awards and publications.
Webinars for Educators & Faculty
A webinar series for educators, offering an introduction to AHIMA and AHIMA Foundation's academic services and resources, teaching tips, and current information on the HIM profession. Register below. For those unable to attend, a recording will be available.
New Faculty Webinars
Advanced Faculty Webinars
2014 Spring Faculty Development Webinars
- January 15, 3:00PM -4:00 PM (CST), Vlab and CourseShare Demo, To learn more and register click here.
- January 22, 3:00PM -4:00 PM (CST), Information Governance, To learn more and register click here.
- February 12, 3:00PM -4:00 PM (CST), Developing a Master's Program Proposal, To learn more and register click here.
- February 19, 3:00PM -4:00 PM (CST), Congressional Advocacy...from an HIM Perspective, To learn more and register click here.
- March 12, 3:00PM -4:00 PM (CST), Technology Teaching Tools, To learn more and register click here.
Academic Advisor is a bi-monthly e-newsletter distributed to HIM educators. Topics covered include tools for educators, tips for success, financial aid opportunities, symposium information, CAHIIM updates, and hot topics. Subscribe to Academic Advisor (AHIMA members only)
CourseShare is an exclusive online destination for HIM educators promoting excellence in teaching by providing free learning materials such as lectures, instructor's note, quizzes and other resources that make exceptional teaching possible. CourseShare represents the educational contributions of the HIM academic community and HIM practitioners throughout the country. This repository is strengthened by contributions from visitors like you.
Anyone can contribute materials to CourseShare, but only active academic educators can download the learning materials. You will need an AHIMA ID to access the online resources. Educators who are AHIMA members obtain access to CourseShare by e-mailing email@example.com with their member identification number and their program director's verification of their faculty status.
Student Connection is distributed four times annually to HIM students. Student receive study tips; scholarship details, mentoring information; and gudiance from other HIM students, past and present. Subscribe to Student Connection (AHIMA student members only)